80D Deduction for Premium paid by Company

Share This Thread
  1. Shakeel Ahmed

Shakeel Ahmed New Member

Hi,
    I have a medical insurance provided by my company for myself, spouse and children. Am I eligible to get tax benefits on the premium paid by company?

2. Neha Sharma

Neha Sharma Active Member

No, the medical insurance paid by your company wont be eligible for deduction

3. ankur84

ankur84 New Member

Hi Neha,

I am working for a company in Gurgaon (Haryana). I am staying in a rented house in haryana which is near to my office. I have two flats(in Ghaziabad & Delhi) for which I have taken home loan.If I am not staying in both the houses and given the ghaziabad property on rent and delhi property is lying vacant and is expected to have tenant in future.,

1) Can I avail tax benefits on both home loans.I would be more interested in the “interest ” part of both (delhi & Ghaziabad) the loan. (As 1 lac limit for 80C is already consumned by my LIC)
    2) Can I avail HRA for the Gurgaon house for which I am paying Rs 18,000 per month rent

I can show rents on both houses as my income and can I get HRA benifit too as I am staying in rented home?

Thanks,
    Basant

4. VAIBHAV DILIP RANE

VAIBHAV DILIP RANE Active Member

@ankur84

1) If you are living in Rented House, and you have proper Rent Agreement or Rent Receipts, than by giving PAN no. of Renter, you can claim HRA exemptions.

2) Regarding Housing Loan (HL) Benefit under Income Tax,... you can take benefit of HL only for that flat for which HL was taken.

3) Interest on HL can be claim under section 24(a),... Rs. 150,000 /- maximum if property is Self Occupied, and if property is Let out than Rent (-) Total HL Interest paid in the year.

4) The Principle portion you can claim in section 80C... (Max. 1 Lac)

5) If you are paying Municipal Taxes than it will also deductible under section 24(a)

5. ankur84

ankur84 New Member

Hi Vaibhav

Thnx for your revert but my ques is that I am living in a rented accommodation and have taken home loan for two flats..out of those two flats one is rented out and another one is lying vacant(though its completely constructed i have completion certificate for the same).
    So my ques it that can i claim HRA for the rented accommodation and interest benefit on the housing loan for both the flats after deducting the rent of the one flat and the notional rent of the second flat(as none of them is self occupied)

6. Parul_Gupta

Parul_Gupta Active Member

Dear Ankur

Yes you can claim HRA for Rented Accomodation and Tax Deduction under Section 24 for the Interest paid for Loan for both the Houses.

Draft saved Draft deleted