A salaried income and share trading person has to submit ITR 2 normally. But by mistake ITR 1 Filed.

Share This Thread
  1. samirgood

    samirgood New Member

    I am a pensioner and being engaged in Share Market I have been submitting ITR 2 for around 10 years. Somehow by mistake my Tax Advocate did submit ITR 1 and I omitted to check it as he has been dealing my File for about 20 years. When I noticed it the opportunity to submit a Revised Return was also over [ 31st March of that Assessment Year].
    I would be much obliged if anyone advice me as to the correctness of my submitting I T Return
    in ITR 2 for the subsequent year /years.
    Also I would like to know if it was an offence under Income Tax Act to change over from ITR 2
    to ITR 1 without any proper/valid reason. And how it can be rectified?
    With thanks in advance and regards,
    Samir Roy.
    Kolkata, India.
  2. Karan Batra

    Karan Batra Well-Known Member

    1. If all your incomes have been properly reported in ITR 1 - then there is no need to revise the return to ITR 2
    2. You can change your return form every year. Therefore, next year you can file any ITR Form provided all incomes are properly disclosed
Draft saved Draft deleted