Advanced ITT 2 applicable from 1st Feb 2013 - ICAI

Share This Thread
  1. Karan Batra

Karan Batra Well-Known Member

As per Regulation 29(c)(iv) of The Chartered Accountants Regulation 1988, students who have registered for Articleship Training on or after August 1st, 2012 were required to complete Advanced IT Training before admission to the Final Examination.

Having regard to infrastructure and other facilities, ICAI has decided to defer the implementation date of Advanced ITT 2 from August 1, 2012 to February 1, 2013. Accordingly, 100 Hours Advanced ITT course will now be applicable to those students who have registered for Articleship Training on or after February 1st, 2013 but before appearing in the Final Examination in terms of Regulation 29(c)(iv) of the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988.

Students are, however, advised to complete the Advanced ITT 2 well in advance before appearing in the Final Examination so as to avoid any hardship at a later date.

Source: http://icai.org/new_post.html?post_id=10957&c_id=347

2. rudrabose

rudrabose Active Member

Dear ICAI

Please also ensure that we have proper infrastructure and sufficient no. of batches for ITT 2 so that all Students can pursue ITT 2 as compared to GMCS 1 wherein there weren't any batches and we had to find references to get ourselves enrolled.

3. Akshit Malhotra

Akshit Malhotra New Member

Can anyone tell me is this Advanced ITT same as GMCS-2 or is it different.I'm Confused.

4. rudrabose

rudrabose Active Member

Advanced ITT 2 is a 100 Hours Course for Improvement of IT Skills of CA Students and GMCS 2 is a 15 Day Course for Personality Development of CA Students.

They both are different.

5. Akshit Malhotra

So i am supposed to do both.I registered for my articleship on 1st July 2013.
    But i did ITT before that.So why Again ?

6. rudrabose

rudrabose Active Member

Yes, you would be required to do both ITT 2 as well as GMCS 2.

All students who have joined articleship after 1st Feb 2013 are required to pursue 2 ITT Course. According to ICAI, they have inserted several new things in ITT 2 which every CA Student must know.

7. Akshit Malhotra

Thanks a lot Rudrabose Sir for clearing my doubt.

rudrabose likes this.
  8. DAYANIDHI NAYAK

DAYANIDHI NAYAK New Member

My Articleship regn date is 20th oct 2012..whether itt 2 is applicable to me or not? plz suggest me whether i should register for that or not?

regards.

9. Dear Dayanidhi Nayak
    As per the BOS announcement dated 11sep14.
    It is mandatory for those students who registered for articleship on or after 01feb13 to complete ITT-II also.
    Thus, u need not to register for the same.

DAYANIDHI NAYAK likes this.
  10. DAYANIDHI NAYAK

DAYANIDHI NAYAK New Member

Really !!!thanks a ton Dhananjay..
    but i heard from someone that who have started their training after august 2012 ..have to finish that..is that true...?
    anyway u relaxed me some way..thanks ..ll be happy if you ll clear this one..

rudrabose likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted