Am I entitled to claim Capital Gains Exemption?

Share This Thread
  1. i have two properties one on my name and the the other one on joint holding with my wife as fist name. i wish to sell the property held on my name and purchase another property from the sale proceeds of this property. my query is am i entitled to execemetions under sec 54 and its sub sections

    Attached Files:

  2. Manoj Mehra

    Manoj Mehra Active Member

    Yes, you are entitled to deduction under Section 54 if the asset sold is a residential flat/ residential house.

    There is criteria regarding the no. of houses owned by an individual for claiming exemption under Section 54
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
Whether exemption u/s 54 can be claimed on the basis of a mud structure? Income Tax Nov 27, 2017
Can assessee claim exemption under section 54 for acquisition of more than one house? Income Tax Nov 17, 2017
Claim of interest paid on borrowed capital under Sec 24 Income Tax Jul 9, 2017
How to claim TDS deducted without pan against fd Income Tax Jun 8, 2017
Can claim rebate under Section 194J? Income Tax May 30, 2017