Articleship Registration along with Regular College

Share This Thread
  1. Ramasubramanian

Ramasubramanian New Member

I'm doing B.Com II year in a regular college. My II year exams end on 7.4.2014. I'm planning to shift to correspondence for the III year, for which my college would provide TC only in June 2014.
    If I start my articleship on 15.4.2014, will I be able to register for articleship w.e.f. that date? Should I obtain any permission or provisional TC from my college in this regard?
    Also, in order to write November 2016 final exams, before what date should I register for articleship?

2. Karan Batra

Karan Batra Well-Known Member

Dear @Ramasubramanian

If you register before 30th April 2014, you would be eligible to appear for Nov 16 Exams.

Till the time you don't get the TC, you cannot legally start your articleship. But, if your principal gives you a No Objection Certificate stating that that 2nd year exams have ended and the college classes are not going on right now and the college does not have any problem in you going for articleship - you can legally start articleship before 30th april

3. Ramasubramanian

Ramasubramanian New Member

Thank you so much. That really helped.
    But if I'm going to register for articleship in June 2014, after getting my TC, stating that I commenced my articleship in April 2014 (by paying a fine for late registration), will I still be able to write November 2016 exams? (because 2.5 years articleship before November 2016 would have been completed!)

4. Karan Batra

Karan Batra Well-Known Member

If you get a TC in June 14, it would be assumed that you were in college up to June 14

Therefore, the period from April to June wont be counted as you were in regular college in this period...

Draft saved Draft deleted