Assessment of the Income of a minor child, whose parents are not known ?

Share This Thread
  1. Nikil Mohan

    Nikil Mohan Member

    A minor child is getting some income. He is brought up by somebody on humanitarian grounds. The parents of the child are not known since the child was abandoned as infant. In whose name the income of the minor child is assessed since his parents are not known ? How will you compute his income and whose hands you file his return of income ?
  2. Chandrashekar M

    Chandrashekar M Active Member

    Please refer explanation (b) under proviso to section 64(1A) of Income tax act, you will get the answer.

    -- Regards
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
Income Tax assessment for next year Income Tax Mar 10, 2018
Income earned during a previous year is taxable in the Assessment Year, is this Rule compulsory ? Income Tax Jan 2, 2018
E filling of Income Tax return during the assessment year 2016-17 Income Tax Jan 17, 2017
Wrong Assessment Year selected in Income Tax Return Income Tax Sep 1, 2015
Income Tax Deposited in wrong assessment year Income Tax Sep 19, 2014