Belated tax

Share This Thread
  1. Meenakshi

Meenakshi New Member

Hi,

I am looking for filing tax for AY 2012-13 but the Income Tax Online system does not allow me to file. I understood from one of the threads in this website that, we can file belated tax within 1 year from the due date.

What are the other options to file tax for AY 2012-13? It is a zero tax that we need to file as we were out of country during that Financial Year.

Thanks,
    Meenakshi

2. Karan Batra

Karan Batra Well-Known Member

Dear @Meenakshi

Belated Return of Income Tax can be filed within 1 year from the end of the Assessment Year.

So the last date for filing Belated Return for AY 2012-13 was 31st Mar 2014

The last date has passed and that is the reason you are not able to file Return for AY 2012-13.

PS: The example given in the thread you are referring to talks about FY 12-13 i.e. AY 13-14 and for that the last date is 31st Mar 2015

3. Meenakshi

Meenakshi New Member

Hi Karan,

thank you for your reply. So does that mean we can never file tax for that year? Can we just leave it without filing as there was no income in India?

Thanks,
    Meenakshi

4. Karan Batra

Karan Batra Well-Known Member

If you are not liable to tax, it is not mandatory for you to file income tax return.

5. Suraj Burnwal

Suraj Burnwal New Member

Agree with Karan

Karan Batra likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted