CA forcing to do Articleship Extension under him only

Share This Thread
  1. Ankshi1508

Ankshi1508 New Member

Hello everyone
    Pls help regarding articleship extension
    I have around 70 days extension and my training completes on 20 feb 2015 without extension. I want to serve the 70 days extension under some other member and not my current principal but he is saying that i have to first serve my extension , ie after my exams in may , and then he will sign 108 for completion form back date along with condonation fee and for extension he will b signing form 103.
    Icai is not helping me at all and says that this has to be done mutually.
    Pls guide me if i can get my 108 signed later on ie in may and then the form 103 which he signs, if i dnt submit to icai then can he do anything ?
    Can i just submit form 108 and then fill a new form 103 with a new principal and submit that later on.
    Pls help and guide if you have any other alternative.
    Ps my principal is nt at all cooperative and the office has made my life hell. Thanks in anticipation.

2. Sahil Oberoi

Sahil Oberoi Member

I think you can do this wherein you submit Form 108 and dont submit the Form 103.

Not sure though...

3. Ankshi1508

Ankshi1508 New Member

Thnks
    But then can my current principal take action against me ?

4. Sahil Oberoi

Sahil Oberoi Member

He cannot do anything once your Transfer has been approved.

Even if he tries to report to ICAI, he will himself get caught for forcing you to pursue articleship under him.

You are doing everything right and it is him who is doing it wrong. So he should be afraid and not you.

5. Ankshi1508

Ankshi1508 New Member

But would it b right to fill 103 under him just to get my 108 signed and then later on tear the 103 . My doubt is that 103 is filled in triplicate he would also b having 1 copy
    Wouldnt he create troubles for me ?
    Pls help people.

6. Sahil Oberoi

Sahil Oberoi Member

Your registration and Form 103 would only be valid if submitted with ICAI. If it is not submitted, it will not be considered as valid.

And dont worry, your CA will not submit the form on his own.

If he does try to contact ICAI about the same, he himself will get caught for forcing you for articleship.

7. Ankshi1508

Ankshi1508 New Member

Thnku for your valuable suggestion
    But cAn you back your answrs with some proof as m really worried n am well aware about my principal .

Also he has not paid me stipend for 5 months including the period i was on leaves for my exams . He says that will be paid after serving extension with him.

8. Sahil Oberoi

Sahil Oberoi Member

Dont worry, your CA cannot do anything.

Moreover, if he is not paying you stipend, that can be a ground for taking transfer right away.

If stipend is not being paid to you can take a transfer even in the final year of articleship.

9. Ankshi1508

Ankshi1508 New Member

Thanks a lot.

Draft saved Draft deleted