Can I change ITR Form while revising return?

Share This Thread
  1. One of my clients now disclosed that they have some Capital Gains arising in the previous year for which the return has already been filed.

    The client is a salaried employee and therefore ITR 1 was filed in the previous year. However, as Capital Gains is now also arising - ITR 1 is not applicable and ITR 2 is required to be filed in this case.

    Can I change the form from ITR 1 to ITR 2 while revising the return?
  2. Karan Batra

    Karan Batra Well-Known Member

    Yes, you can change the ITR Form while revising the Income Tax Return
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
how can i change ITR form in REVISION Income Tax Jul 6, 2016
name changed in Form 16A Income Tax Oct 24, 2015
Can changes be made in form 16 even after submission. Income Tax Jun 5, 2015
change of AO Income Tax Oct 16, 2017
Changes in method of Valuation Income Tax Sep 25, 2017