Can I claim HRA Deduction if not given by Employer?

Share This Thread
  1. Ravi Prakash Yadav

Ravi Prakash Yadav New Member

Hello Sir, I am a professional working on adhoc basis under Govt of Bihar. My Total salary for this current FY year 2015-16 is 474716. I have LIC of Rs. 77562, PPF of Rs. 20000, ELSS of RS. 13000, National Pension Scheme contribution from my own is Rs 12000. In addition to that I had also donated RS.44000 to A charitable Temple cum Trust registered with Religious Trust Act. Please tell me what amount should I pay as Tax liability. I don't get HRA. Can I claim Tax Rebate still under HRA?

HUKUMAT likes this.
  2. Karan Batra

Karan Batra Well-Known Member

As HRA is not being given to you by your employer, therefore you cannot claim deduction for the same

3. Ravi Prakash Yadav

But sir I pay rent. As I don't have a house of my own

4. Karan Batra

Karan Batra Well-Known Member

If you are paying Rent but not getting HRA Allowance from your employer, then there is an alternative for you.

You can claim deduction under Section 80GG. Kindly refer: http://www.charteredclub.com/section-80gg/

5. Ravi Prakash Yadav

Batra Sir, Please tell me how much tax rebate I can opt for according to the non HRA tax redemption table, (i. e. the link u send) if my total salary is 474716 and I pay monthly rent 7000. Please guide me

Draft saved Draft deleted