Can I do Job along with Articleship

Share This Thread
  1. Amold

Amold New Member

Hi,
    I have registered for IPCC (Direct entry /Graduation). Earlier I heard that article-ship is not required to appear for examination but after registration I received an email from ICAI.
    "09 months of practical training which includes theoretical study for a period of 08 months. "
    What does practical training means? Is it article-ship? If yes, what is theoretical study(08 months).

I am working in a company (not a CA firm). How can I do article-ship? What are the rules for articleship? If I work in Early morning/late night hours in my company and attend articleship during 11 to 5 .. Will CA/ICAI accept my articleship registration?

2. gaurav_kumar

gaurav_kumar Well-Known Member

1. 9 months of articleship is mandatory before appearing for IPCC for students who are registered through the direct entry scheme. This is not mandatory for CPT Students.
    2. You are not allowed to pursue any other job along with your articleship. You will have to quit your job and do regular articleship in a CA Firm

3. Amold

Amold New Member

Thanks for your quick reply.
    As per Regulation 65...
    Regulation 65: Articled clerk not to engage in any other occupation
    “Without the previous permission of the Council, obtained on application made in the *approved form, no articled clerk shall, during the period of his service as an articled clerk, take any other course of study or training, whether academic or professional, or engage in any business or occupation.”

Regulation itself says without permission.. which means permission can be granted by ICAI. Is there any standard process/procedure to get permission from ICAI?

4. gaurav_kumar

gaurav_kumar Well-Known Member

ICAI does not grant permission for pursuing any Job along with Articleship....

You can try but your application will get rejected...

Draft saved Draft deleted