Can I file Revised Return after ITR has been processed?

Share This Thread
  1. vivekwaman

vivekwaman New Member

I have filed my original return before the July 31st 2016 due date for AY 2016-17. I have also received an intimation under 143(1) with a demand for additional tax payment. I have paid this additional tax also. Now, I want to file a revised return, because another party has made a late TDS deduction that I want to claim as refund. As per 139(5), i can file a revised return before completion of the assessment for my original IT return. How would I know if the assessment for my original ITR has been completed? On the Income tax website, the status is "ITR Processed"

2. Manoj Mehra

Manoj Mehra Active Member

ITR Processed does not mean that the Assessment has been completed.

You can go ahead and file Revised Return. If the assessment has been completed - the online income tax portal will not even give you the option to file a revised return.

Draft saved Draft deleted