Can I invest Capital Gains from a property in bonds as well as an apartment?

Share This Thread
  1. Edwin

    Edwin New Member

    If I receive 70 lakhs from sale of a property, can I invest 50 lakhs in bonds and 20 lakhs in an apartment in the same financial year?
  2. Neha Sharma

    Neha Sharma Active Member

    Yes, you can invest in both and claim exemption under both section 54 as well as section 54EC
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
Capital gain tax Investment Other Taxes Jul 29, 2017
Within how much time to invest money in another property to avoid capital gain? Other Taxes Nov 23, 2016
Long Term Capital gain exemption for investment in Joint name Other Taxes Oct 21, 2016
Capital Gain investment Other Taxes Oct 8, 2016
Capital Gains investment Other Taxes Jun 1, 2016