Can LTA be claimed twice in same Financial Year

Share This Thread
  1. Vaibhav Kr. Goyal

Vaibhav Kr. Goyal New Member

Hi All,

I am working for a Software company and wanted to know some details on LTA. I had two travels in my present Financial year- one in December 2013 and next in January 2014. Now, as a block of 4 years has ended in December 2013 I wanted to claim LTA/ LTC on the amount spent on travel. Now, even I have made a travel in January and I wanted to claim LTA for next block of two years. My finance department says that only one claim can be made in any financial year. A reading of the act and laws doesn't specify any number and my understanding clearly says that its possible because the claim is related to a journey and not related to a Financial year. Please advice

2. VAIBHAV DILIP RANE

VAIBHAV DILIP RANE Active Member

One can claim LTA for 2 Journeys in a block of 4 years. (Year means- Calender Year)

You can claim Dec 13 Journey, -- in Block 7 of 2010-2013.

and can claim Jan 14 Journey, -- in Block 8 of 2014-2017

Thus, you can't claim both journey as said by you in one block - i.e. block 7.

Refer :-

http://www.charteredclub.com/leave-travel-allowance/

Draft saved Draft deleted