Can TDS deducted without PAN quoted be claimed for IT refund ?

Share This Thread
  1. Vamsi Krishna

Vamsi Krishna New Member

My company had deducted TDS on my salary. My work here is considered as Professional Services or Technical Service under Section 194J. But my pan card was not quoted. So they had deducted 20% as PAN was not quoted.

Now my company is stating that the excess tax deducted cannot be claimed while filing IT returns for refund.
    And the company says that the TDS was deducted in last quarter so it cannot be adjusted/corrected in current quarter.
    Can someone clarify if i can claim refund if i quote my PAN during IT returns filing ?

2. rudrabose

rudrabose Active Member

The Company can revise your TDS Return and mention your PAN Card No. in the TDS Return.

After the revision is done, you can claim refund of excess TDS deducted.

3. Vamsi Krishna

Vamsi Krishna New Member

Thanks for the quick reply.
    The TDS for Q2 i.e. July to Sept was 20% per month(since PAN not submitted)
    Can the company file for TDS correction in current quarter, Q3 i.e. Oct-Dec ??
    Can the TDS revision be applied anytime during the financial year ??

4. rudrabose

rudrabose Active Member

The Company can revise and update the TDS Return for the previous quarter which will help you claim refund of excess TDS deducted at the time of filing of income tax return.

5. Vamsi Krishna

Vamsi Krishna New Member

Thank You for the Information.
    I will talk to the Finance Department here to file TDS Revision

Draft saved Draft deleted