Cap Gains Exemption if Investing in Property & Bonds

Share This Thread
  1. v.n.suryanarayanan

    v.n.suryanarayanan New Member

    I already own a flat in my name. In the year 2010, I inherited another property from my parents after their demise. I have now sold this property. The capital gains amount is Rs75lacs. I have the following question:-

    Can I invest part amount of the proceeds say Rs50 lacs in another property and invest balance Rs25 lacs in NHAI bonds.

    Since I am already owning a flat, can I claim full Capital Gains exemption by investing as above
    Ramesh1in likes this.
  2. Karan Batra

    Karan Batra Well-Known Member

    Yes, you can invest in both property as well as NHAI Bonds and claim exemption for both the investments
    v.n.suryanarayanan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
Exemption from capital gains tax. Income Tax Jun 24, 2017
Capital gains exemption Income Tax Mar 29, 2017
Exemption of Interest Payment u/s 234 towards Capital Gains Income Tax Mar 14, 2017
capital gains exemption query - both house and bonds Income Tax Mar 8, 2017
Capital gains exemption on construction of house Income Tax Feb 28, 2017