capital gain account

Share This Thread
  1. mkp259

    mkp259 New Member

    I have sold my house in July 2014 and purchased a flat in January 2015. I have deposited rs. 24 lac (capital gain amount) in account B for one year. At the time of sale agreement of new flat I have paid Rs.8lacs to the seller from my saving account. now I want to pay Rs 17lacs from capital gain account and balance amount of capital gain account to be transferred to my saving account. Can I get tax benefit on entire capital gain of Rs.24Lacs.
  2. Karan Batra

    Karan Batra Well-Known Member

    Why you have paid Rs. 8 Lacs to the seller ?
  3. mkp259

    mkp259 New Member

    Earlier I was intended to invest capital gain money to buy another property so I have paid this amount from my saving account. Now I have postponed the idea of another property. so please advise me.
  4. Manoj Mehra

    Manoj Mehra Active Member

    But why have you paid to the Seller?

    You have sold a property so you should be receiving from the seller
  5. mkp259

    mkp259 New Member

    After sale of my house I have purchased a new flat and amount of Rs8 lac was paid to seller of the flat. I have paid this amount from my saving account instead of capital gain account.
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
long term capital gain Income Tax Yesterday at 2:45 PM
Capital Gain on Sale of Foreign Shares Income Tax Jul 22, 2018
Release of Funds from Capital gains account Income Tax Jun 7, 2018
Capital gain on property Income Tax Mar 21, 2018