capital gain exemption

Share This Thread
  1. CA Jayakumar M G

    CA Jayakumar M G New Member

    During the financila year I sold ancestral property worh Rs 25 lakhs and with this money purchased a residential property. I have owned one residential propery before the purchase of the new one . Whether I can cliam exemtion u/s 54F
  2. you can claim.

    provided that
    the income from such residential house, other than the one residential house owned on the date of transfer of the original asset, is chargeable under the head "Income from house Property"
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
Capital Gain Tax. Income Tax Monday at 4:10 PM
Capital Gain on Residential Property- Co-Owner Income Tax Feb 14, 2018
Capital Gains tax Income Tax Feb 12, 2018
Capital gains bonds investment in the name of deceased person Income Tax Feb 9, 2018
Short Term Capital Gain and Loss Income Tax Feb 7, 2018