capital gain on sale of rented house

Share This Thread
  1. jagjit saluja

    jagjit saluja New Member

    I have 3 residential houses.I sold 2 of them. can I invest the capital gain in a new house and save the C.G.
  2. Parul_Gupta

    Parul_Gupta Active Member

    Dear Sir

    If you reinvest this amount in a Residential Property, you can claim exemption under Section 54.

    However, please note that the Budget has introduced an Amendment and has per the amended law, as you have sold 2 Houses - you can claim exemption by investing in max 2 residential houses and not more than that.
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
Exemption from capital gains tax. Income Tax Saturday at 3:14 PM
short term Capital Gains tax Income Tax Friday at 12:01 PM
Capital Gain Income Tax Jun 12, 2017
Capital Gain/Loss on Flat(Property) for which posession was not taken Income Tax Jun 8, 2017
Withdrawl of Capital Gains amount to purchase a property Income Tax May 31, 2017