Capital Gain Query : Amt to be Invested?

Share This Thread
  1. G.M

    G.M New Member

    To get exemption from capital gain tax,should we invest the entire amout obtained from sale of a property or only the Gain,to buy a second residential property!
  2. Parul_Gupta

    Parul_Gupta Active Member

    The amount to be reinvested depends on the property that has been sold by you.

    In case you have sold a Residential Property - you only need to invest the Capital Gains and can claim exemption under Section 54

    However, in case the property sold is a Non-Residential Property - you would be required to reinvest the total proceeds and can claim exemption under Section 54F
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
Capital gain tax Investment Other Taxes Jul 29, 2017
CAPITAL GAIN ACCOUNT Other Taxes Jul 12, 2017
long term capital gain on units of equity mutual fund Other Taxes May 2, 2017
Capital gains on Property Other Taxes Apr 29, 2017
Capital Gain Other Taxes Apr 25, 2017