Capital gain tax

Share This Thread
  1. j_srikumar

    j_srikumar New Member

    A senior citizen sells land for more than 50lakhs. He invests 50lakhs in REC bonds and pays taxes for the remaining amount.
    How does he show the exempted 50 lakh amount while filing?
    Which ITR form is to be used?
  2. ZED

    ZED Well-Known Member

    Exemption needs to be claimed u/s 54EC if the investment was made within 6 months from date of transfer.
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
Docs needed by NRI seller for capital gains certificate Other Taxes Mar 18, 2018
Expenses while calculating capital gains Other Taxes Feb 10, 2018
Capital gains Other Taxes Oct 31, 2017
Saving Capital gain tax Other Taxes Sep 29, 2017
Capital Gains account - no plan to purchase property Other Taxes Sep 28, 2017