Capital Gains from Sale of Jointly Developed Property

Share This Thread
  1. Nandakumar Rathnam

Nandakumar Rathnam New Member

we have Ancestral property which my mother inherited in 1995, and due to the diplation state of the building, decided to enter into a 50-50 Joint venture, in Oct 2003, to demolish and reconstruct. the builder constructed 2 blocks of 4 flats each. with one block handed over to my mother and the builder sold all of the 4 flats in the other block [between may - Jul 2005].there was no cash transaction between my mother and the builder as part the sale or JV. In Oct 2014, my mother settled 1 portion/flat in my name. and i had sold the same, in July 2015. only documents we have is the sale deed that my mother signed, when 4 builder's flats were sold and the settlement deed.
    for computation of LTCG, please let know, if i can consider the sale price of the flats sold by the builder as the cost of acquisition/cost of Improvement, of the 4 flats my mother received and thereby compute the cost of flat, i had sold or should i only consider the Fair market value of 1981.

Draft saved Draft deleted