Capital Gains Tax Query

Share This Thread
  1. sundarrajan

    sundarrajan New Member

    My dad is not an income tax assessee. He had invested a small sum in a land parcel in 2001 within the city limits of a metro city. What is the tax implication of any gains given he continues to be a non income tax assessee and is dependent on me. The proceeds will come to me in a joint account and I am a salaried employee with other income and own one residential house with rental income.
  2. Raman Batra

    Raman Batra New Member

    If the land is in your father's name - capital gains tax would be levied in the hands of your father at the time of sale.

    However, if the capital gains tax is less than 2.5 Lakh - you are neither mandatorily required to file income tax return nor mandatorily required to apply for PAN Card.
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
short term Capital Gains tax Income Tax Today at 12:01 PM
Withdrawl of Capital Gains amount to purchase a property Income Tax May 31, 2017
Capital Gains on HP Sale Income Tax May 4, 2017
Can wife claim Capital gains benefit under sec 54 by buying property owned by husband Income Tax May 2, 2017
Capital gains Income Tax Apr 10, 2017