Capital Gains

Share This Thread
  1. revathi_viji

revathi_viji New Member

Dear sir
    Thanks in advance for your reply. My father in law was allotted a house by the Housing board of karnataka government but registration was not done.Later there was a dispute between the local municipal corporation and the housing board and it went into litigation. After nearly 25 years the court has decided that the housing board should register this property in my father in laws name. Now my father in law has passed away and the property will come to my wife, his only child. My question is what type of capital gains will apply. The house was allotted more than 20 years back by the housing board but not registered. The registration of the property will be done now. Will it incur short term or long term capital gains?
    vijay kumar

2. revathi_viji

revathi_viji New Member

Thanks for your reply. What if my wife sold this today. Will capital gains apply

3. revathi_viji

revathi_viji New Member

4. revathi_viji

revathi_viji New Member

Will it be short term or long term is my question. The property was alloted 25 years ago but will be registered now. Which event will be taken for capital gain calculation the year of retistration or the year of allotment
    Thanks

5. revathi_viji

revathi_viji New Member

Thanks sir you have been very kind.

Draft saved Draft deleted