Claiming deduction of HRA and interest of housing loan together

Share This Thread
  1. Rahul K

Rahul K New Member

Hi,

I have a query regarding claiming of house rent allowance deduction and interest on housing loan deduction together.
    if I have a invested property at Pune and there have a housing loan. But these property we are given on rental basis and I got rent on said property.

Simultaneously, I have paid rent at Mumbai were am worked. In that case how I can claim HRA and interest of HL together??
    or can we show Pune property as let out property and Mumbai as HRA??
    is am eligible for removed cap of interest benefit for let out working and get whole amount of loss under let out property working??

Please advise us.

looking for your valuable suggestion on same.

Regards,
    Rahul k

2. Manoj Mehra

Manoj Mehra Active Member

Yes, you can claim both HRA as well as deductions for repayment of Interest and Principal Amount of Home Loan

3. Rahul K

Rahul K New Member

thanks Manoji....for your reply with confirmation....!

but, here am confused that is
    --->interest of housing loan will considered as let out property as am getting rent from these and if we considered these let out property then can I eligible for whole amount of loss for claiming deduction under loss from house property instead of deduction restrict up to the 2 lakh

all valuable suggestion is awaiting....

With regards,
    Rahul k

4. Manoj Mehra

Manoj Mehra Active Member

Yes, as you are receiving Rent for the same - you can show this as let out property and claim interest deduction without any maximum limit.

5. Rahul K

Rahul K New Member

thanks...!
    here I need to submit rent receipts for HRA deduction and working of let out property for claiming deduction... :)

Draft saved Draft deleted