Claiming IT Benefit under 80E - Interest repaid on Education Loan

Share This Thread
  1. LAKSHMI N SIMHAN

LAKSHMI N SIMHAN New Member

Sir ,
    my son has taken education loan for higher studies abroad towards which only a portion of the loan amount is released as per our request and interest on the same is already is being charged by the bank . The actual loan repayment has not started yet . To reduce the burden of EMI when actually fixed , I have been paying interest as and when it is debited to the a/c ( monthly ) .
    My question is , can I claim the entire interest paid for the year on the education loan as exemption under 80 E ( which is around Rs 10000/- p.m.)?

yours sincerely

2. gaurav_kumar

gaurav_kumar Well-Known Member

Yes, you can claim the entire amount paid as Interest on Education Loan as a deduction under Section 80E

3. Dinesh Kumar

Dinesh Kumar Member

Sir there is no limit for interest paid towards education loan and full amount can be claimed.

Draft saved Draft deleted