Combined Deduction u/s 54 & 54EC

Share This Thread
  1. PBR

    PBR New Member

    1) I have capital gain say Rs.1 cr, out of sale of a residential house

    2) I want to avail tax exemption for this amount .
    For that
    Can I bought a house for Rs.75lakhs and remaining Rs.25lakhs invest in Capital gain bonds like REC bonds?

    Please advise suitably.


  2. Karan Batra

    Karan Batra Well-Known Member

    Yes, you can invest in the manner mentioned above and claim exemption of Rs. 1 Crore.
  3. PBR

    PBR New Member

    Thank you very much.
    Is the Capital gain bonds like REC have any lock in period?
    If so how many years?
    After lock in period can I withdraw the amount directly (like FDR) OR anybody's permission is necessary?
  4. Karan Batra

    Karan Batra Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
Combined Deduction for Medical Reimbursement & Health Insurance Premium Income Tax Aug 15, 2015
Income tax on FD interest and PPF account combined. Income Tax Dec 26, 2015
Combined or Separate ITR for different PAN Card No.'s? Income Tax Mar 11, 2015
Tds deduction on salary income Income Tax Feb 1, 2019
Deductions U/s.57 Income Tax Aug 26, 2018