Compliance email from Income Tax Dept.?

Share This Thread
  1. vishal_s930

vishal_s930 New Member

I got a letter from income tax dept saying pls furnish your response in compliance tab for not filling ITR for assessment year 2013-14 for
    STT 01- purchase of equity from recognised stock exchange
    STT-02 sale of equity share in recognized stock exchange..

I incurred losses and made zero income .. Can I select ITR not filled in compliance tab and select Income not taxable.................... Pls help me out.... didnt had any job that time and was a student.

2. Yatin Gandhi

Yatin Gandhi Active Member

Yes, you can mention in the compliance tax that your income was not taxable and therefore you didnt file the ITR

3. RAKESH1951

RAKESH1951 New Member

Mr. Vaibhav mentioned:

You check your Compliance status, in your Compliance Tab.

But compliance tab shows only:

View and submit compliance
    View My Submission

Kindly suggest when can I find status for submitted compliance response?

4. M&M

M&M New Member

We have received Compliance email from CPC for A.Y. 2013-14 & 2014-15 & for the same return of income were not filed and moreover A.Y. 2013-14 is time barred now (As of 27/12/2015). Actually we missed them unwillingly, just because we were under impression that when TDS were deducted by employer, there is no need to file the returns.

While going through Working of Computation of Income, Following are the scenario of time barred return:-

1. Gross Total Income falls under 20% slab rate of tax.

2. TDS deducted @ 10%

We are voluntary ready for the payment of tax liabilty as per the Working of Computation of Income.

Kinldy request to suggest how we suppose to file the income tax return which is time barred.

Awaiting reply.....Thanks so much in advance...

----- M&M

Draft saved Draft deleted