COMPUTATION OF GROSS SALARY FOR CURRENT F.Y

Share This Thread
  1. VARUN KANDPAL

VARUN KANDPAL New Member

I have received Arrear for the F.Y 2012-13,2013-14 and 2014-15 in f.Y 2015-16. Whether i have to show less Gross salary while filing ITR after deducting amount what i have recieved for the past financials years.

2. Ishani Agarwal

Ishani Agarwal New Member

Your total salary will be
    gross salary of fy 2015-16 xxxxx
    Add:- earlier year arrears received xxxxx

However if you have shown your arrear salary received for the year fy 2012-13, 13-14 in 2012-13 & 13-14 income tax return, then no need to add it in current year salary.

3. VARUN KANDPAL

VARUN KANDPAL New Member

I have already taken relief under sec 89.can I file revised ITR for the previous years?

4. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

I don't think that there is any need to revise the previous years return.

Can you tell the nature of the arrears and whether this arrears was treated as your income in those previous years or not?

While claiming the relief u/s 89, have you filed form 10E?
    You will not be able to claim the benefit of relief u/s 89(1) if you do not upload/file form 10E.

5. VARUN KANDPAL

VARUN KANDPAL New Member

i have recieved arrears pertains to salary basic and d.a. i have already taken tax relief u/s 89 from my employer. whether i have to upload 10e online while filling itr?There are two column while filling 10e is tax rebate and relief .kindly give the details regarding the two.

6. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted