direct entry to ipcc after bcom

Share This Thread
  1. sankalp

sankalp New Member

In TYBcom i have got an average 57.4% (1st to 6th semester) , whereas the grade given by mumbai university is 'C' grade, which falls under 50 to 54.99% as per the university of mumbai.

So for direct entry ,the institute will be considering the grade given by mumbai university or the average marks?

2. Neha Sharma

Neha Sharma Active Member

If you have more than 55%, I think you would be eligible for Direct Entry.

I would still advise you to check with ICAI as I'm not sure on this.

3. sankalp

sankalp New Member

Mam, i had called up in the institute regarding which marks they would be considering, they told me that the decision is still pending for that.
    In such a case till what time will be the decision taken by the institute?

4. Neha Sharma

In the absence of any clarity from ICAI, it would be very difficult to comment.

Although logically, you should be allowed as you've already scored above 55%, but its still better to wait for ICAI.

In the meantime, you can also enroll yourself for the CPT Scheme as its not sure whether ICAI will consider you for Direct Entry or not.

And in case they consider you, you can always shift from CPT Scheme to Direct Entry. Better to play safe.

5. sankalp

sankalp New Member

Okay mam thanku for your information and feedback.
    I have one more doubt regarding articleship..
    It is stated that I should complete 9 months of articleship before appearing ipcc. .in this case if I want to give may 15 attempt..then in which month should my 9 months of articleship end?

6. Neha Sharma

Dear @sankalp

To be eligible to appear for May 15 Exams through the Direct Entry Route, you'll have to start before 31st July to complete 9 months of articleship. Moreover, before starting articleship you also have to complete 5 days Orientation Program and 100 hours ITT Program.

Not sure if it would be possible in your case to do all these things with only a few days left for the deadline i.e. 31st July.

7. ashwin569

ashwin569 New Member

I have same problem, C grade but aggregate % for 3 years 56.1%, whether this issue is resolved

8. nilesh455

nilesh455 New Member

i am a graduate from DU and have aready appered in ipcc through the cpt route but couldnt pass it. Now i'm thinking to convert in direct entry system. What relaxation will i get on doing so?

Draft saved Draft deleted