Disclose Intra-day profit from Share Trading in ITR

Share This Thread
  1. ALOK CHATTERJEE

ALOK CHATTERJEE New Member

(1) I have booked profits from Intra Day trading (speculative profit) at (D4) of ITR-4 giving information about accrual / receipt of Capital Gain. Will this reflect at Schedule BP under (B38). Is my accounting of Intra Day profits correct.

(2) I also want to know where to account for the principle amount of FD redeemed in 2013-14. As this is exempt of income tax, should I show it at Schedule EI under the head (6) Others. Please help.

2. Neha Sharma

Neha Sharma Active Member

Dear @ALOK CHATTERJEE

1. Yes, it would be reflected in Schedule BP. However, it would be (B37) instead of (B38)

2. The Principal amount received on FD redeemed won't be disclosed anywhere. Only the Interest received on FD is required to be mentioned in ITR.

3. ALOK CHATTERJEE

ALOK CHATTERJEE New Member

Thank you Neha. Your advise would be of great help. Thanks. However please also clarify whether information about accrual / receipt of profit from intra day trading should be given at Schedule CG of ITR-4 at (F2) Short Term Capital Gains taxable at the rate of 30% OR (F3) Short Term Capital Gains taxable at applicable rates.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted