Disputed Enhanced Rent

Share This Thread
  1. hbhadada

    hbhadada New Member

    I have received arrear of rent which is still disputed and tenant has filed appeal in High court against order of lower court which is pending (and tenant will certainly go to Supreme court what ever is outcome as amount involved is quite huge). Also tenant is directed by lower court to pay revised enhanced rent per month.

    Though appeal is pending in HC, tenant has started paying rent at increased rate and deposited a part of arrear. Shall we pay tax on same now or wait till final judgment from court as theoretically speaking if lower court order is reversed or even reduced by High court / Supreme court then extra rent is to be returned back.
Draft saved Draft deleted