Doing ca while persuing bsc? is it manageable?

Share This Thread
  1. RaviMehta

RaviMehta New Member

Hi I appeared for my 12th board exams (PCM stream) this year and am expecting the results next month. I have always been interested in pursuing CA after 12th. Along with CA i also want to do a B.Sc. in Some mathematical subject (preferably Statistics) but my friends and relatives expressed concern about the workload that would bring, and instead suggested I do b.com as the subjects overlap a lot so I need not put too much effort in.
    I personally don't want to o b.com but am willing to reconsider if presented a reasonable argument. I plan to appear for CPT this December.
    Will the statistics course-load be too demanding that I may not be able to give my best to CA studies(I plan to join coaching for some subjects). I am ready to put in 10-12 hours of study a day, but will I have my fingers in too many pies and end not being able to complete both to my satisfaction. Should I just do b.com like everybody else? Is there any less demanding math(or even science) subject I can consider?

2. gaurav_kumar

gaurav_kumar Well-Known Member

CA is not an easy course and you need to put in a lot of efforts.

It is advisable to do B. Com along with CA as CA is just an extension of B.Com whereas B. Sc would be an entirely different stream.

Moreover, it doesn't make any sense to be doing CA along with B.Sc

Draft saved Draft deleted