Doubt regarding Deduction under section 80D and 80 DDB

Share This Thread
  1. vitruvian man

vitruvian man New Member

Hi
    I have couple of doubts
    • I have a corporate group policy whereby I am paying a premium of 36K for my parents and around 10K for myself. My father is very senior citizen aged 80 and mother is 71. What would be the maximum tax deduction I can get?
    • Is medical reimbursement still 15K on producing the bills or has the limit gone up?
    • My father is cancer survivor. He was operated for the same 4 years back. In addition he is 80 and that puts him under a very senior citizen category. Can I avail to a deduction of 80DDB under this section. In addition we will be visiting the hospital for his annual check-ups so there will be some expedenditure incurred. Does this factor and the fact that he is covered under a corporate policy and he was operated 4 years back make me eligible for deduction under 80DDB.

Thanks

2. Karan Batra

Karan Batra Well-Known Member

1. You can claim max deduction of Rs. 25,000 for yourself and Rs. 30,000 for your parents as they are senior citizens
    2. There is no change in the limit for Medical Reimbursement. It is the same i.e. Rs. 15,000
    3. If his disease is a specified disease mentioned in Section 80DDB - you can claim the deduction

Draft saved Draft deleted