E filing

Share This Thread
  1. Saikumargorla

Saikumargorla New Member

in my PAN i got notification about non filing of a.y.2014-15 return..i am a salaried employee..tds has been deducted on that yer..i replied to that question by answering i have not filed my return and submitted it in e filing site without knowing i have refund..nw i want to file my return for that yer to get my refund..and i changed my address i didnt got any hard copy notice from deprtmnt..please suggest me...if i try to file my return by placing after due date in e filing site it is asking the date of notice came to u ...what i have do

2. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

Thats not the correct option which you are seeing.
    You really should have filed the return. To claim refund now would be a bit difficult. How much is the amount of refund? If the amount is less then forget it because you will have to either go to Income tax department and then request to allow you to file the return u/s 119(2)(b)

You may change your address by logging into your account and going to profile setting > address.

There is however a remote chance of getting a refund.
    File a refund application u/s 237 [It is a normal application with no standard format. The words "refund application u/s 237 " must come] and attach the proof of TDS and the tax due.
    Mention in the application that S.237 does not requires assessee to file the return . Further ask for interest as per S.244A

S.237.If any person satisfies the Assessing Officer that the amount of tax paid by him or on his behalf or treated as paid by him or on his behalf for any assessment year exceeds the amount with which he is properly chargeable under this Act for that year, he shall be entitled to a refund of the excess.

3. Saikumargorla

Saikumargorla New Member

Where do I found refund application u/s 237 and how to file..? whether manual or through efiling site..

4. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

Manually on a sheet of paper. No standard format, but do write at the top "application for refund u/s 237".

You will have to file it with your AO

5. Saikumargorla

Saikumargorla New Member

Can i file with different AO

6. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

No, only file it to your AO, under whose jurisdiction you are coming.

7. Saikumargorla

Saikumargorla New Member

Thnq

ZED likes this.
  8. Saikumargorla

Saikumargorla New Member

And sir i replied to them please give me a chance to file my return

Draft saved Draft deleted