Excess Articles being wrongly registered under a CA by ICAI

Share This Thread
  1. prashant gogia

prashant gogia New Member

I registered for articleship on 25 january 2016. On 24 march i received a letter from institute that the principal is not eligible for registering me as an article as he is already having more than 10 articles, but one of those that article has quit CA almost 7 years ago but name of that article is still appearing in article's list at ICAI website. I asked for help from principal but he responded nothing, staff is also not co-operative. Now if i want to leave this firm what should i do..?? Please help as i have already wasted 2 months here.

2. Do you want to stay in the firm?

prashant gogia likes this.
  3. prashant gogia

Thank you sir for responding,
    Tell me both what will happen if i want to stay or if i want to leave the firm..??

4. I think as ICAI responded you that your registration is not valid that means you can't do anything except accepting the situation.
    as you've wasted two months already, though not your fault, you should look for another firm with due consciousness considering the value of time.
    But if you think that the firm presently you are in is good and you don't want to leave it, then discuss the complete matter with your principal and find a way to overcome the situation.

Good Luck.

5. prashant gogia

Ok i want to leave this firm what is the procedure
    Thanks for your co-operation

Deepak kumar lakhi likes this.
  6. Procedure is simple as you are not registered till now in the eyes of ICAI hence the procedure is same you use as registration freshly i.e. form 102 & 103 and franking etc.

7. prashant gogia

Is there any termination form like 109 that is to be filled by me..??

Deepak kumar lakhi likes this.
  8. The question doesn't rises for 109 because the same is for the article assistants taking transfer after getting registered and you are not registered till.
    Is this your first principal or you have done work elsewhere earlier?

9. prashant gogia

This is what i have received

Attached Files:

10. I think now you should visit the ICAI office and have verbal communication with them and you may contact them on call also.
    You may contact them on the below mentioned mail address.

[email protected]

Draft saved Draft deleted