Exemption under 80GGA - Submission to Employer

Share This Thread
  1. Digvijay singh

Digvijay singh New Member

Sir, I am a salaried employee and donated a sum to a cancer research hospital which is exepted under 80 gga and received the receipt also...however, my employer is not allowing me to claim the exemption before tds dedustion and suggesting to claim the refund after declaring the said donation in IT return filing..pls advise is there any restriction as such for employer.

2. Digvijay singh

Digvijay singh New Member

As per my employer they will deduct the tax without considering the donation made....they can provide deduction under some sections only like 80 c, 80 d, 80 u etc...and exemptions under 80gga can be claimed only at the time of filing of IT return only...and they won't provide deduction in form 16...

3. gaurav_kumar

gaurav_kumar Well-Known Member

The employer is correct.

Deduction for Section 80GGA wont be considered by the employer.

However, this would be allowed to be claimed as a deduction by you at the time of filing of income tax return

Draft saved Draft deleted