Expected Changes in CA New Course from 2016

Share This Thread
  1. Karan Batra

Karan Batra Well-Known Member

ICAI is revamping the CA Curriculum and the new course would be launched next year i.e. in 2016. A Committee has been formed for revamping the course.

The ICAI Officials (incl. President & Chairman of Board of Studies) have hinted at the changes that are expected in the CA Curriculum. These expected changes were announced at a National Conference for CA Students held in Mumbai.

Expected Changes
    1. IPCC - ITSM Subject Course to be revamped
    2. CA Final - ISCA Subject may be removed.
    3. CPT - Change in Exam Pattern from Objective to Subjective
    PS: These are only the expected changes and would be applicable to Students who enroll for the new course. Earlier ICAI President in a Google Hangout had also announced that the Students would have the option to either continue with the existing course or shift to the new course

Update as of 12th Feb: ICAI has released a draft of the New Course and has deleted certain subjects and added new subjects. Refer: Draft of New CA Course to be released from 2016

Arun Kr Dubey likes this.
  2. sandeep rawat

sandeep rawat Member

If a student register for final in 2015, then will he regustered fir new course?

3. Karan Batra

@sandeep rawat : This new course is expected to be launched from 2016 ... The students registered before 2016 may either enroll in the existing course or may opt for a transition scheme and convert into new course...

All these are only expected changes and would be confirmed only once officially notified by ICAI...

4. Sumit khurana

Sumit khurana New Member

Sir my final attempt is may 2016 and i has registered for CA final in 2013. I want to know that new syllabus is applicable for me too?

5. Karan Batra

@Sumit khurana : It would only be applicable to new students enroll for the Ca Curriculum after 2016.... It wont be applicable to you as you have already registered...

Moreover, these are only expected changes....

6. Sumit khurana

Sumit khurana New Member

Thank you sir.
    It means that i can join coachings and start my studies for final as per present syllabus?

7. Karan Batra

Yes, you can join your coaching and start studying as per the existing syllabus.

Students who have already registered need not worry about the changes to be introduced in the new course.

8. sharma anil

sharma anil New Member

sir if student attmpt for ca ipcc in may 2015 then after clearing exams student registered for ca final for new course or old course please suggest

9. Karan Batra

@sharma anil : The new scheme has not yet been launched and is expected to be launched in 2016...

So if you clear exams in May 15, then you would be enrolled as per the existing scheme only

10. Arun Kr Dubey

Arun Kr Dubey New Member

@Karan Batra Thanks sir for the info. Plss keep informing us about the updates & announcement on New course By ICAI. :) :) :) Thanks again.

Karan Batra likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted