Filed incorrect IT return for FY 2015-16

Share This Thread
  1. Vaibz

    Vaibz New Member


    I was using an online website for filing my returns for FY 2015-16 and mistakenly ended up filing a blank return showing no income and no tax paid. However, I haven't e-verified this return yet.

    My question is - since I haven't e-verified it, so can I file another return (the correct version) in the normal way and then go ahead and e-verify it? Assumption being that IT dept. will only consider the e-verified return and not the previous one (the incorrect and non e-verified version).

    Or else - do I need to file a 'revised' return?

    Thanks in advance.
  2. ZED

    ZED Well-Known Member

    You will have to file revised return only.
    It take substantial time before a return can be declared non-est.
  3. Vaibz

    Vaibz New Member

    Okay, but what is 'non-est.'?

    And before filing a revised return, should I e-verify the original return, even though its incorrect? Thanks.
  4. ZED

    ZED Well-Known Member

    It means it will be treated as if it was not filed.
    *non existing*
    Yes, do Every both of them.
  5. Vaibz

    Vaibz New Member

    Ok thx Prateek
    ZED likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
Income tax returns for FY 2013-14 & 2014-15 to be filed in FY 2017-18 Income Tax Dec 18, 2017
Returns Filed Twice - Can one be Cancelled ? Income Tax Nov 28, 2017
Revised return filed after due date.. Income Tax Aug 20, 2017
Which ITR form are required to be filed by an Indian National staying in Indonesia from June 15 Income Tax Mar 17, 2017
ITR Filed but E-Verification Pending Income Tax Mar 1, 2017