filing of itr 1 for assessment year 2016-17

Share This Thread
  1. lekshmi

lekshmi New Member

Sir,
    How do i file my itr 1 where the income reported in 26as is higher than the income shown in form 16 part b issued by my employer

2. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

Kindly let me see both the forms. You may mail it.

3. lekshmi

lekshmi New Member

Sir, as per form 16 part a, salary paid for the fy.2015- 16 is Rs.7,46,745/- and tds thereon 40,246 which tallies with 26as however, in form 16 part b, income chargeable under the head salaries is 742674 ( gross salary of Rs.7,64,374 u/s17(1) minus transport allowance 19200 minus 2,500/- deduction on account of profession tax) Now, how do I show my income under salaries in itr ?

4. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

Show the net amount i.e 7,42,674 in salary income ,and in TDS schedule show gross amount.

5. lekshmi

lekshmi New Member

Sir,
    The first quarter of my salary during fy 15-16 was uploaded on 26as by one TAN holder and consequent upon transfer within the same organisation, the remaining 3 quarters was uploaded by another TAN holder. I have been issued form 16 part b by the second TAN holder only and that too for the entire financial year. Now, in TDS Schedule, can I show the TAN of the second holder only although TDS for one quarter has been made by the first TAN holder

6. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

If you will use the quick file option at the income tax site then the system will automatically pick the details of TDS.[Recommended]
    You should details of both and correspondingly the salary amount will also be required to be split up.

7. krishan lal

krishan lal New Member

8. krishan lal

krishan lal New Member

I am a salaried person and faced with similar query. There is no TDS schedule to be filled online in ITR1. How is it possible to show gross salary then while filing ITR.

9. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

??????????
    Show me the screen shot, or perhaps there is some mis-understanding.
    Kindly explain your query again.

10. krishan lal

krishan lal New Member

Sorry. I found TDS Sch under Tax details in ITR1. Is it the same you are referring to ?

Draft saved Draft deleted