Form 16 not issued for Pension Income

Share This Thread
  1. Swapan Chakrabarti

    Swapan Chakrabarti New Member

    I am a retired Govt. employee. Since no longer in service, I do not get Form 16 from my office. As such while filing ITRs, which documents should I use in support of my income proof. Whether updated Bank Pass Book in which I am receiving my pension would be sufficient to prove my income for a particular FY ?

    Also kindly clarify what is i) Form 16A, ii) who issues it and iii) to whom ?
    In my case whether it is applicable ?
    Thanks and regards.
  2. Sumit Agarwal

    Sumit Agarwal Active Member

    Form 16A is certificate of tds deducted under other than salary. If you have any income other than salary than form16A certificate may be issued to you.
    Your employer is not issuing form 16, so you can also verify it with your 26As. if everything matches as per your concern than there is no need of form16. It would be enough as your income proof also.
    sidhick likes this.
  3. Swapan Chakrabarti

    Swapan Chakrabarti New Member

    Thanks for the reply.
  4. V K Khanna

    V K Khanna Active Member

    Form 16 or 16A is not issued in the case of pensioners nor the pension income is reflected in 26AS, unless the Bank deducts TDS on the pension you receive. But in most cases, the TDS is not deducted from the pension. In that eventuality,what you can do is to get a pension certificate from the concerned Bank and file the return
    Yatin Gandhi likes this.
  5. Manoj Mehra

    Manoj Mehra Active Member

    I would advise you to use Form 26AS in this case. It is a consolidated statement and all amounts received by you during the year and the TDS Deducted thereon would be mentioned in the Form 26AS. Refer:
  6. Manoj Mehra

    Manoj Mehra Active Member

    In case the Pension Income is not even reflected in Form 26AS - you can compute the amount by checking your bank statement.
  7. Swapan Chakrabarti

    Swapan Chakrabarti New Member

    Thank you Sir.
  8. L Chingkhuba

    L Chingkhuba New Member

    My father is a retired defense personnel, The bank has deducted some amount in the form of TDS for the assessment year 16-17, and it is been shown correctly on the form 26AS, which states 'Tax Deducted at the source'. There is no Form 16 yet.!Will I be need it to file a return? How Can I file a return?
    What is section VI A(80C/ 80CCC/ and whatsoever) in the ITR - I form and how it may apply.?
    Also there is a loan associated with the account, Does it needs to get reflected about loan statements and so. Or it is not necessary! Is there any exemptions in Tax deductions for loan bearers?
  9. V K Khanna

    V K Khanna Active Member

    You can obtain pension certificate from the bank or alternatively compute the pension amount yourself to file the tax return.
    2. You can claim tax rebate in the return if any of the investment made or expenditure incurred qualifies for tax relief under chapter VI A (Sec 80C etc)

    3. Only home loan deduction subject to fulfilment of certain conditions qualifies for tax relief. Personal loan etc are not covered.
  10. aric

    aric New Member

    Hi Mr Khanna,

    Can i have your e mail , i want to clarify certain things .
    Apart from that my father (ex army) has received some arrears amount and on which some tax has been levied , and apart from that due to 7 pay commission his pension amount has also changed , so while filling 10E what shall i provide as current income/ pension , the current one or the pension he used to get previously of which he received the arrear amount .

    Thank you.
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
TDS-Whether form 16 A can be issued where No PANi.e.TDS 20% Income Tax Sep 9, 2016
Can Form 16 be issued if No TDS Deducted Income Tax Oct 19, 2015
Complaint against Banker reg Form 16A not issued Income Tax Aug 1, 2014
TDS/Form16A not issued... Income Tax Jul 29, 2014
IT RETURN FORM,after submission. Income Tax Jan 2, 2019