Growth in Career after becoming CA

Share This Thread
  1. Hi, I am a qualified chartered Accountant. I have also done CMA (Inter) with Merit certificate about four years ago. I have been working with a firm for the past few years. The firm is not even in top 100 list in Delhi. There is no much work in the firm only seasonal work mainly include stat. audit and return filing work is done here. So my professional growth has been stopped. I am earning far below a ca can. I cannot insist to increase my remuneration as in that case my Boss start telling me that you know everything how much is our receipt. There is my limitattion etc. etc.
    Now I want to know how can I make my career grow to be on the same pace as CAs are. I wanted to be in practice but seeing my employer's firm's growth and work my idea of being in practice is fading. How can I make new clients so that I could open my own office. I have not many contacts. How can I increase the number of contacts?
    Please help me out.

Thanks

2. rudrabose

rudrabose Active Member

The best part about working in a small firm is that once you have learnt the work, you can always start up on your own.

And just because your employer does not have enough work does not mean that the same will happen with you. Go ahead and give it a try.

Another thing that will work in your favor is that there is not enough work pressure from your existing employer. So you can continue working here and side by side set up your own practice by working in the evening and on weekends.

3. Thankyou Rudrabose!
    But I would like to know that I am from outside Delhi and I have a few contacts here. How can I make new clients? Is there any scheme to help newly established firm to grow by ICAI or others?
    I would love to read your view and valuable suggestion.

Thanks !

4. rudrabose

rudrabose Active Member

Contact your friends and tell them that you have started your practice. Share this thing with everyone you know.

They may not become your client instantly but may come in future or they may refer their friends of friends.

Get yourself registered on Just dial and businesses looking for CA's may contact you from there.

5. Thanks a Ton!
    It'll surely help me I hope.

Draft saved Draft deleted