Guidance regarding Direct Entry Scheme of CA

Share This Thread
  1. Ashwini ash

Ashwini ash New Member

Sir,

I intend to pursue Chartered Accountant course, after inquiry I understand that postgraduates with 55% and above can (completed M.Com. - 61%) directly register to IPC examination.

Presently I am working as Office Assistant in a Central Government Organization at Bangalore and confirmation due by the end of September / October 2014. As per rules of the organisation I am eligible for study leave only after completion of continuous service for 5 years. Hence kindly clarify some queries in this regard:
    1. To register for IPC examination
    - the last date for registration to take exams in May 2015
    - is there any age, time limit and also no. of maximum attempts to complete
    - can I take up exam for group 1 in May 2015 and another group by May 2016
    - is there any time schedule to register for articleship after completion of IPC exams

2. After clearing of IPC exam, registering for Articleship for 3 years is mandatory. As per our leave rules study leave is granted only for 28 months.

As I already have a permanent job I have time to complete. Kindly clarify my doubts and guide me in opting CA.

2. Parul_Gupta

Parul_Gupta Active Member

• To be eligible to appear for May 15 Exams, the last date for Registration was 31st July
    • There is no Age Limit for pursuing CA. There is no max limit on the No. of Attempts as well.
    • Yes, you can appear for Exams - One Group at a time.
    • Under the Direct Entry Scheme, you 1st have to complete 9 months of Articleship before being eligible to appear for IPCC Exams.
    2. Yes, the period of 3 years of Articleship is mandatory.

3. Soumya Jha

Soumya Jha New Member

Hi Akanksha,

I need more clarity over here. Is it compulsory to do IT training and Orientation course before starting with Articleship training? Thanks

4. gaurav_kumar

gaurav_kumar Well-Known Member

Yes, it is compulsary to complete ITT and Orientation to start Articleship

Draft saved Draft deleted