Have to file ITR for financial year 2014-2015 as a doctor

Share This Thread
  1. DrJp1985

DrJp1985 New Member

Hello everyone,
    Am a doctor. I earned around 10.5 lakhs in 2014-2015 as professional income. TDS upon the same has been paid by the concerned hospital under section 194j as 1.05 lakhs. i didnt file my ITR last year. I have to file it this year.
    1)I didnt maintain my expenses and books as per section 44AB at that time. So what to do now. Should i pay extra tax above what i paid.

2)Is there any presumptive taxation like 44ADA for 2014-2015.

3)I also read that i need to maintain my books only if my income for all of the past 3 years before 2014 is more than 1.5 lakhs.

Any help would be welcome...:confused::confused::confused:

2. Neha Sharma

Neha Sharma Active Member

1. The Hospital has deducted only 10% as TDS. You would be required to pay the balance tax yourself after deducting all expenses.
    2. There is no option like Section 44ADA for FY 2014-15

3. DrJp1985

DrJp1985 New Member

thanks but what to do if i didnt maintain any expenses record. is there anything wrong in that.. how to claim expenses

4. nafeesa

nafeesa Member

Thinking that you are my client...any way u did not maintained any books of accounts up to now but has to file returns.
    ok..based on your bank statements and expense bills if any, estimate your income & file returns.
    later start maintaining books of accounts from now and if any scrutiny comes for earlier years, consult your local CA.He will resolve your problem by preparing the books of accounts which the income tax officer asks.

5. nafeesa

nafeesa Member

yeah. there is no threshold limit for u for maintaining books of accounts.

Draft saved Draft deleted