Help with e-filing

Share This Thread
  1. kasanaprb

    kasanaprb New Member

    Hello, I am a salaried individual. I prepared and submitted my ITR for A.Y. 2016-17 online through my account. After putting in figures for salary and TDS deducted, total tax payable was Rs. 7590. I should have paid the tax first and then submitted the return by putting paid amount as self-assessed tax. However, by mistake, I submitted the return first and then paid the amount (but before e-verifying the return). After tax-payment through Challan 280, I e-verified the tax-return through my net banking. Now, the acknowledgement I have received still shows as 'Tax Payable' of Rs. 7590. I want to know if this would be considered as faulty return? If so, the remedy thereof.
  2. ZED

    ZED Well-Known Member

    Yes, it will be considered as *defective return u/s 139(9)*
    You should revise the return and enter the details of taxes paid by you and everify the same.
  3. NiteshKumar87

    NiteshKumar87 New Member

    i can file itr 4s ofline
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
How Can I Get Arlo Helpline Number 866-247-0444 Income Tax Oct 3, 2018
Need Urgent help Income Tax Sep 16, 2017
Need help Urgently Income Tax Sep 12, 2017
Need Help Income Tax Sep 4, 2017
Urgent help to farmer Income Tax Jul 26, 2017