How to claim LTA while filing return?

Share This Thread
  1. JatinS

JatinS New Member

Hi,

I want to claim refund on LTA while I file returns. Can anyone tell me how to do that? Cause I have submitted all my proofs to employer and now window is close to submit any more proofs. So exactly where I should show LTA in ITR excel file and even if I mention how and where should I furnish the proof as my employer window is close.

2. Manoj Mehra

Manoj Mehra Active Member

At the time of filing ITR, you can mention your taxable income under head salary exclusive of LTA.

In the TDS Schedule, mention the total TDS that has been deducted and the ITR Form will itself calculate a refund.

3. JatinS

JatinS New Member

And what about a proof, will I be sending that along with ITR to Bangalore. If not in that way I can show any amount under head Salary exclusive of LTA.

4. Devendra T

Devendra T New Member

You cannot claim LTA and Medical bills in IT Return. It has to be submitted only to employer. If you missed then it goes as taxed.

5. Rinkesh Shah2

Rinkesh Shah2 New Member

So is it that if in ITR 1 I want to claim LTA then I need to change first point that is INcome from Salary ...bcuz there's no place to claim deduction

6. Karan Batra

Karan Batra Well-Known Member

Yes, if you intent to claim LTA in ITR which was not claimed while filing declaration with your employer - you would be required to furnish the net taxable salary after reducing the LTA

7. Rinkesh Shah2

Rinkesh Shah2 New Member

Thanks karan... appreciate your quick revert

Draft saved Draft deleted