how to correct IT return if wrong assessment year return filed.

Share This Thread
  1. lovrenu

    lovrenu New Member

    Respected Sir,
    I have filed e-return for the first time (first time my salary exceeded 2 lakh) during assessment year 2014-15. Since i have filed my first e-return being first time income tax payer, i inadvertently filed return for the assessment year 2013-14 unknowingly thinking it as financial year. I have worked only 6 months in the financial year 2012-13 for assessment year 2013-14 and was not falling under income tax category. but i wrongly filed e-return for that period and could not filed my e-return for the assessment year 2014-15 (financial year 2013-14) as i filed e=return for assessment year 2013-14 in a confusion of assessment year and financial year.
    My querries are as follows:
    • I deposited tax through challan for the year 2012-13 (assessment year 2013-14) when i was not in the limit of income tax. whether i have to file revise IT return for this period. If yes, than how.
    • my income during financial year 2013-14 (assessment year 2014-15) is Rs. 204000/- (No savings, no advance tax deducted, no LIC premium paid) on which tax payable was Rs 412/- interest payable Rs. 48/- and i deposited Rs. 1030/- for the wrong assessment year 2013-14 means i have not deposited anything for assessment year 2014-15 (wrongly depoisted Rs. 1030 for the assessment year 2013-14). what shall I do now. whether I have to pay any penalty for the assessment year 2014-15 and how i can file my IT return. Whether I still can file e-return or i have to file IT return manually for both the years. I may add here that my income during assessment year 2013-14 was Rs. 108000/-
    Please guide me what should i do now.
    Renuka Dhirani
Draft saved Draft deleted