How to correct mistake in submitted ITR

Share This Thread
  1. trivedi_ravi13

    trivedi_ravi13 New Member

    I did a mistake in filling ITR-1 online. Tax was showing as payable due to inclusion of bank interest. By mistake I submitted the ITR without first paying the remaining tax. I know this ITR will be considered defective. However I have not yet e-verified the ITR so can I re-file another ITR-1 form? I have now payed the tax online.
  2. ZED

    ZED Well-Known Member

    You can not refile the return, either file revised return immediately with correct particulars or wait for notice of defective return and then rectify the defect.
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
How to correct unintentional mistake after filing tax return before specified time ? Income Tax Jul 25, 2016
Incorrect income details. Income Tax Nov 10, 2017
Incorrect form 16 from previous employer Income Tax Jul 15, 2017
Correction of Tds Rturn Income Tax May 31, 2017
Use of correct ITR Form Income Tax Apr 12, 2017