How to make best use of Exemption in IPCC Exam

Share This Thread
  1. Manav

Manav New Member

I am in intermediate level and giving group 2 in may '14 attempt. I am in regular college and thinking of giving ipcc group 2 this time and thinking of obtaining exemption in one subject (advance accounts) and leaving other two subjects( It&sm and Audit) so that i can focus on one subject and my regular college...is it possible ??
    If yes under which conditions..??

2. Karan Batra

Karan Batra Well-Known Member

Dear @Manav

Yes, you can do so. However, you should make note of the following point which some students miss out on as a result of which they can't avail exemption even if they get 60 marks.

• To claim to an exemption you should appear for all papers in that group. So if you are trying for an exemption in one paper of IPCC Group 2, you should appear in all papers. Even if you get 0 marks, in other 2 papers - you have to appear in them else exemption wont be given.
    Kindly refer: http://www.charteredclub.com/procedure-for-availing-exemption-in-ca-ipcc-ca-final-exams/

3. Karan Batra

Would like to add another point that if you are doing this way - it would be counted as 2nd attempt.

Just a personal advice - when you are confident of getting an exemption in this attempt, you can clear it in next attempt as well. Just a personal advice that whenever you try, try for all papers.

Manav likes this.
  4. Karan Batra

@Manav : In case of any other exemption related queries, kindly post them on this thread only...

5. Manav

Manav New Member

does it count a attempt if I fill examination form but does'nt show up at that exams...?

6. Karan Batra

@Manav : If you submit the Exam Form, it would be counted as an attempt irrespective of whether you appear for exams or not..

7. sumit 007

sumit 007 New Member

hello ..m sumit
    i m giving 1st group of ipcc in may b.diz is3 rd attempt..
    i have my accounts book of parveen sir bt iw was for last year may attemp ..will the same book be helpful to me for dis atrempt also

Draft saved Draft deleted