How to rectify Defective Return?

Share This Thread
  1. Deepanshi bhatia

Deepanshi bhatia New Member

I have filed an income tax return for an engineer showing books of accounts maintainable u/s 44AA as No. And details of income is shown on the basis of no books of accounts maintained.

The status of the return is now shown as defective. Error being,details of P&L and Balance Sheet to be given. What is to be done now to rectify the return?

2. Manoj Mehra

Manoj Mehra Active Member

Again submit the return with all the required details

3. Deepanshi bhatia

I hv not received any notice/mail frim department yet. Only online status is being showed as defective. What should i take last date of response??

4. Deepanshi bhatia

Moreover, he being a professional does not hv any share capital. What details should i give in balance sheet??

5. Yatin Gandhi

Yatin Gandhi Active Member

Professionals also have Capital. Like the amount invested to purchase Laptop, Mobile etc would be considered as Capital

6. Deepanshi bhatia

What should i take the last date to file the rectified return then(i.e. from where should i count 15 days to reply)? No notice/mail has been received. Only online status is shown as defective.

Draft saved Draft deleted